Friday, March 31, 2006

Still Natalie

After 6 long hours spent in various parts of the hospital (summary: 1 fetal echo, 1 EKG, 1 blood draw, 1 abdominal ultrasound, and 1 transvaginal ultrasound--fun!), I am happy to report that Natalie's heart is still looking good, her hands appear to be normal, and there is still no sign of a penis. Dr. G. recommended that I stay on digoxin, but suggests that I try splitting the dose between morning and evening to see if that makes a difference in the nausea and dizziness I am feeling. We're still on for weekly visits, most likely until delivery. (DH thinks he has acquired the skills of operating both echo and ultrasound machines, after carefully studying the hospital technicians for several weeks at this!)

Thanks to my friend, Pam, for the thoughtful gift of Preggie Pops and Ginger Chews, to Lisa for the cookie basket, and to all of you for your continued thoughts and wishes for us and our little girl.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds good! I'm so glad!

kate said...

Great news! (((((hugs))))

sillyhummingbird said...

Wonderful news! I am relieved for you!

Jillian said...

Glad the news remains good:)

lorem ipsum said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping that she won't make you this nervous until she takes her first bike ride.

((((((hugs)))))))))

laura said...

this news makes my day!

Sherry said...

I just found my way here through the blogging network, and first want to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your beautiful Julian.

My son, Ryan, was born with heart defects that went undetected until he was born in August 2005. DH and I are actively TTC, but are faced with the possibility that a sibling ~may~ have similar heart problems.

I hope the current course of treatment for little Natalie continues to be successful and you hear nothing but good news from now on! = )