Thursday, March 16, 2006

Debbie Downer

That's me. I just had my wallet stolen, unbeknownst to me, until I went to pay for a cab home. I know I didn't lose it, because I don't lose things, and it was right in my bag where it belongs until it wasn't anymore. I'm so mad! So, why does that make me a Debbie Downer, you may ask? Because apart from it being a total drag to have to cancel my cards, reorder new IDs, and replace my best wallet, I can't help but think of this as some kind of omen. Like on Sunday, I knew something was going to happen to Tony on the "Sopranos," and I knew that Dana was going to die on the "L Word."

I know these stories are just fictional, but sometimes I think life works like that too, foreshadowing and all. The day Julian was diagnosed with a fatal heart condition, Robert and I missed the bus and had trouble getting a cab in a spot where there's never a problem. The sun was shining, we were both in terrific moods, then we were late to our appointment and everything went downhill from there. I have been doing a good job ignoring tomorrow until now. I just have to point out that even if everything looks fine tomorrow, it still won't be enough, because everything looked fine with Julian until 10 days before he was born. And that's not just me being all doom-and-gloom, it's a simple fact.

2 comments:

kate said...

(((((((hugs)))))))) Thinking of you and Natalie today...

Anonymous said...

thinking of you and your family today. hope your appt went smoothly.
xo jen