Sunday, March 12, 2006

Officially half pregnant!

20 weeks today! Natalie's official crown to rump length and weight are approximately equal to that of a container of Eden Organic Gomasio, which I know because I weighed everything in the kitchen to give DH a good point of reference. I also listened to her heartbeat (a healthy 157) and was able to hear her making lots of loud big movements, which I should be able to feel any day now.

This was a nice reward after spending Thursday and Friday in jury duty, until eventually, the judge let me off due to my high risk pregnancy and associated time constraints. I probably wasn't likely to be chosen to serve on this particular jury anyway, but the trial was expected to last 3-4 weeks. He was very kind, and expressed his sympathies for my loss (there's a section on the juror questionnaire where you are asked to enter the gender and age of your children--I wrote "one son, deceased"), and wished me luck this time around. I did a pretty good job of holding it together, then ran to the bathroom and cried for 5 minutes before leaving the courthouse. After that, I went to Century 21 and bought Natalie an Italian designer dress to wear on her first birthday--the first of five dresses I bought her this weekend.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I look forward to seeing that dress on Natalie on her first birthday.

lorem ipsum said...

I like the idea of using a household measure for comparison. Must remember that!