Friday, March 03, 2006

It's a...

[drumroll, please]

...GIRL! The ultrasound today was a bit anti-climactic on several levels, actually. Firstly, DH and I and everyone we know were already pretty convinced it was a girl. Secondly, she wasn't very active this morning, so the ultrasound wasn't very much fun. Well, it was as much fun as getting poked in one's fat gut for 30 minutes can be, anyway. Finally, after talking it through and wondering if we were horrible parents for not being all giddy with excitement, DH and I realized that we were both a little sad. After all, in a perfect world, we would have a boy and a girl.

Analytical stuff aside, of course we are thrilled. Maybe all parents are a little more blase the second time around. It certainly doesn't mean that I don't love both my children equally, because I absolutely do.

I know that choosing a name and/or sharing it so early on might seem a bit taboo to some, but I believe that everyone deserves to have a name, no matter what. So, since I promised to share, please give a warm pre-welcome to Natalie Juliana. We can't wait to meet her!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! this so exciting, i can't wait to meet her. it's sweet that natalie shares her brother's name.
=) jen

Muddystingbee said...

Yay for your girl! Her name is beautiful, and I like that it honors her brother. Congratulations!

Catherine said...

I can't wait to meet sweet Natalie as well. {{{hugs}}}

sillyhummingbird said...

Congratulations! And what a beautiful way to honor Julian.

sillyhummingbird said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

What a beautiful name!

Congratulations.

lorem ipsum said...

Perfect name - congratulations in every way!

Anam Cara said...

I am so happy for you, and I LOVE the name. It is beautiful. (((hugs)))

laura said...

i understand. we have been talking about whether z is a boy or a girl, and if z is a she, i think justin is going to have a very hard time with it. i love your daughter's name, and that it honors her brother. we do the same thing - announce the name when we know what it is.

lorem ipsum said...

ps There's a story in the San Francisco Chronicle today about stillbirth that actually dares to ask, 'When are we going to find out why it happens? And when will we start talking about it?' In case you're interested, here's the link.

http://tinyurl.com/mnf39

kate said...

Awww, what a pretty name! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a perfect name! - I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait till she is here! We all send hugs - love, Cousin Sue and the boys

SWH said...

Beautiful name. And I don't think anyone here would doubt your love for your daughter.

Many hugs.

Anonymous said...

Natalie Juliana. . . beautiful. And people can call her Nat, which I think is pretty cool. I hope they refrain from calling her Natty, though.

And adding Juliana as a middle name -- very sweet. This way she has a special connection to her older brother, but she is still her own person.

Love,
Pam