Friday, July 21, 2006

We have a plan

Well, I was hoping to go into labor yesterday so I wouldn't have to make my doctor's appointments today. No such luck, but everything was fine, and they're guessing Natalie already weighs 7 pounds, 9 ounces (huge when you consider that Julian only weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces!). No cervical action yet, so we are still on for induction on Wednesday. I'll actually be admitted on Tuesday night to start the "ripening" process, then will get pitocin sometime on Wednesday when conditions look more favorable. The whole process usually happens within 24 hours. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be going to the hospital Tuesday night instead of Wednesday morning!

Oh, I got my Binsi top (style: Thankini, color: black/mystery) and skirt (style: Prima Mama, color: mars/burgundy) today, and am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fabrics and fit. I looked at the skirt and thought I'd look ridiculous, but it's actually one of the few skirts that looks decent on me. The outfit is really cute, and DH loves it. Hopefully so will the nursing staff. Admittedly, I do feel a little self-conscious, like, "Look at me, I am too cute for the hospital gown," but hey, it's my party, right?

11 comments:

laura said...

yea for the plan!

i have to admit, when i first read about the birthing outfit, i thought, wtf? but if it makes you feel fabulous, then more power to you. i hope you won't look down on me when you see my pics with my nasty hospital-issue gown on.

sillyhummingbird said...

Hooray for a plan! I can't believe she'll be here in less than a week! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

hi alysse,
glad to hear that you got your binsi set in time for the big day. btw, it was nice seeing you the other day and been meaning to tell you how great you look, really glowing.
i'm totally beside myself right now, can't wait to meet natalie.
love, jen

kate said...

Yes, it is your party! Wow, five days!!

Clare said...

OMG, only 4/5 more days? this really is getting down to the business end of the pregnancy isn't it. So glad the Binsi arrived and that you have a firm birth date in mind. This is truelly amazing. hope you have a fabulous 4 days (last minitue baby shopping, brunch at some gorgeous cafe... snatch a movie or two... lounging around with the hubby in toe) and know everybody's wishing you well from all sides of the globe.

Clare said...

sorry, that should have said 'hubby in TOW', but he could just hang off your toe, if he wants to.

lorem ipsum said...

I may not get a chance to write but I wanted to wish you happy birthing day. Blessings to you and your little girl.

delphi said...

I will be thinking of you and waiting impatiently for news!

Laura said...

It's totally your party!! This is very exciting, you know. :)

Emma's Mum said...

I will be thinking about you tonight/tomorrow. I was away this weekend and was wondering if anything was happening with you, so I was happy to read about the "plan"! I truly wish you all the best.......please still keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... J2ee web application server sap how saggy mature start a web hosting business deep fat ass tahoe air filters land rover metro west Best creative mortgage refinancing Weight loss dosage with topamax Lazer hair removal duluth ga hiking boots brands http://www.jeep-wrangler-auto-parts-salvage.info/Benzodiazep-and-antidepressants.html web server web cam banned.cfg steam cs dedicated server Arthritis pain arthritis relief arthritis relief F355 ferrari part webhosting christian Maine boating Rio forge mp3 player