Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Binsi

Perhaps out of desperation to get this thing going, boredom, or an overwhelming need to have control over some aspect of this process, I ordered a birthing outfit from Binsi. A ridiculously frivolous waste of money? Maybe. An investment in vanity? Perhaps. But after feeling that the worst part of my visit to L&D last week was having my huge arse hanging out while attempting a trip to the bathroom, and having the interns get lost under the inconveniently designed hospital gown as they fumbled around with the monitors strapped to my belly, I decided that it was worth it if it allows me to maintain some sense of dignity. And if this is going to be the last time I experience childbirth, I'd prefer it to be much different than the first. Who knows, the set may not arrive in time, I may decide that it's even more unflattering than a hospital gown, or the nurses may refuse to let me wear it (the company accepts returns), but it's nice to have options!

8 comments:

Clare said...

oh that Binsi is much nicer than a hospital gown. You are so onto it Alysse.

Anam Cara said...

Great idea!! I saw that website when I was pregnant this last time and wished I had heard of them when I was pregnant with Caitlin and Thomas. I definitely would have ordered something this time, if I hadn't been having a scheduled c-section. They look really practical! Labor is difficult enough, so anything that can help retain some of your dignity and modesty that gets thrown out the window is a big help. Hope it arrives in time!! Thinking of you lots. xoxoxox

Anam Cara said...

By the way, I'm not just saying this because everyone else did in your previous post but you do look really lovely!! The shirt is fab, such great colors on you. If I had looked anywhere near as good as you I would have posted a pregnancy picture on my blog!!

Jillian said...

My older sister gave me one snippet of wisdom when I got pregnant: Drop your dignity at the door when you arrive and pick it up again on the way out... words that echoed in my ear as I was complimented on the tightness of my vagina as I was prepped for surgery this last time LOL:)

Seriously, if there is something that will help, then it's got to be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Okay now Alysse, if you are going to go for an "investment in vanity" :), then you have to indulge us properly. Which skirt did you get? The celebs seem to be very into the PrimaMama skirt, according to the website. Did you get a top too? And what *colors*?

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow... These are so cool. Leave it to you to find trendy and functional labor and delivery clothing....:) Now you will look as awesome delivering Natalie as you do carrying her!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Wow... These are so cool. Leave it to you to find trendy and functional labor and delivery clothing....:) Now you will look as awesome delivering Natalie as you do carrying her!
Jackie

Laura said...

Hey, I didn't even know that they made such things! I'm going to bookmark that site :) And I agree with Anam, you look really lovely (but I'm sure at this point you're feeling anything but that!)