Monday, February 20, 2006

Only 160 days left to go!

Firstly, I just have to say that anyone who knows me well will know that the baby countdown ticker I have added to my blog is meant to be just a tad ironic. In fact, I have some issues with the whole concept, as I know too well that a slightly distasteful graphical countdown doesn't guarantee that I will end up with a perfect and perfectly healthy mixed race baby in my arms at the end of 40 weeks like the image would suggest. But something happened to me this weekend. For the first time in a long time, I felt impossibly giddy about having another baby. I want the baby here NOW!

That being said, I still don't feel like telling anyone at work, which is starting to become difficult since I think I started showing last week, and I am already starting to walk funny. I wasn't anticipating this as I didn't start to show until much later with Julian, as I recall. Someone at work who I told about my pregnancy in confidence told someone else, who actually had the nerve to congratulate me, even though I hadn't told her personally. I gave her a look of death that asked why on earth she would dare approach me about something so personal without my mentioning it first. She backed off, but it made me realize that there are probably a lot of other people who know or have guessed as well. If so, at least they have the sense to keep their mouths shut.

1 comment:

Anam Cara said...

Sorry that some people can't keep a secret and that others don't know how to shut up. I wish I had the power to make the next 160 days just fly by! I do know that feeling. I think these last 8 weeks for me are going to feel longer than the first 7 months.