Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Breathe in, breathe out

I got my blood pressure machine the other day and let me tell you, it is the best thing ever. First of all, I am so relieved to see that my blood pressure is totally fine when taken in the comfort and safety of my own home. Secondly, aside from it being a monitoring device, it is also an educational tool. I have been using it to help myself understand what I can do to help bring it down by observing when it tends to be higher than usual.

I feel so much better just knowing that there isn't a physical problem with me (or the baby, as my trusty BabyBeat Doppler suggests) and that my blood pressure can be controlled by managing my stress. If it is high in the doctor's office again, I can point to "white coat syndrome," armed with my home measurements taken over time.

In case you think this might useful for you, too, after extensive research, I ordered the Omron HEM-780N2 Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor with ComFit Cuff (fits up to 17" arms!) from Amazon.com for $66.52.

While I was at it, I also ordered the following meditation CDs, which got good reviews:

1 comment:

sillyhummingbird said...

I am glad you are feeling a bit relieved now that you have your home equipment. And congrats to the second trimester!