Monday, January 30, 2006

14 weeks - I made it!

I finally made it to the second trimester! I thought I'd never get here. The other night, I had a dream that I woke up to learn that I had miscarried the day before I reached the second trimester. I was obviously upset over the unfairness of the whole thing, considering that statistically, most miscarriages occur in the first trimester. Anyway, the point is that I'm here now, and as Martha would say, that's a good thing.

P.S. Can I just say for the record that I think this baby is a girl? I could be wrong, but I'm basing it partially on the amount of stress she's already caused me! We should be able to find out four weeks from now, but I want to put it in writing in order to prove that I knew all along. Bets, anyone?

3 comments:

Muddystingbee said...

Congratulations! It is a good feeling to get that first tri behind you, isn't it? I know that for me, even though my experience taught me that it is still possible to lose a baby late in the game, I was more worried about an early miscarriage than I was about a late-term loss.

Here's to two more uneventful trimesters and a healthy baby at the end of them!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! oh boy... or girl, i'm in.
>>hugs<< j

laura said...

way to go!