Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Like a Calgon commercial

I have been feeling very stressed and grouchy since returning from vacation last week. I'm sure a lot of it is hormonal, but I also have this strong desire to go into hibernation for the next 7 months, to avoid everyone and everything until I wake up with a baby in my arms. What's keeping me sane is knowing that I get to start seeing Janine, my acupuncturist, again next week. She and the treatments really help take the edge off. I got a message from her during the holidays, checking in to see how I was doing and how my appointment with my new OB went (the new doc is great, by the way). I spoke to Janine today, and she was genuinely excited to hear from me and to know that things are going well so far. She is so kind to me that it makes me cry. When I was seeing her when I was trying to get pregnant, I completely fell in love with her and truly felt that she was the only person on the face of the earth who was making any attempt to help me whatsoever. (That's not really true, but I was feeling dramatic.) The fact that her magic needles and calming presence actually worked make me love her all the more.

1 comment:

SWH said...

I'm looking for a year long hibernation... preferably awakening to a world where I've just had a c-section and have a healthy baby!

Good luck!