Saturday, January 28, 2006

The verdict

I decided to go ahead and rent a doppler. I went with the Legacy display model from babybeat.com, based on the many recommendations I got from others. It was $123 for 3 months--a small price to pay for my peace of mind. Strangely, I feel better already, just from being able to make a decision and feeling like I have some control over something. I think three months is a sensible, not-too-OCD choice, since by that time, the baby will be big enough that I should be able to feel him or her move. (Then I will have the option to drive myself crazy with kick counts.) It should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

sillyhummingbird said...

I'm so glad everything went well with your doctor's appointment. And I highly recommend the doppler to, even in a small way, relieve some of the anxiety. It has helped calm me during some trying moments.

lorem ipsum said...

'Sounds' good. Looking forward to hearing about it!

laura said...

mine is on the way, too. we'll have to compare notes!