Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The party is over

I've just had a nice visit with my mom, and a good check-up with the cardiologist last Friday, but I think that other recent events that I won't go into, in combination with my hormones and lack of pill popping have pushed me over the edge into pre-partum depression territory. Just when I thought I was coping so well, I'm suddenly reduced to a puddle of tears. Is it too soon for another vacation? Somebody wake me up in 8 weeks.

P.S. I was struck by the following on the bus the other day and thought I'd share (from MTA's "Poetry in Motion" series):

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in the grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase 'each other'
doesn't make any sense.

-Rumi

3 comments:

Emma's Mum said...

I am a fellow NYC mom....I have been reading your blog and wanted to let you know that your words have really meant so much to me. I am so sorry for your sadness, but I am sending your good thoughts while you wait for your newest angel. My daughter passed away 2 months ago today --after living for 7 days. As much as I want to have a family, I am so scared about the possibility of feeling this way again. I admire your strength and courage, and you are giving me hope. I have a strong feeling that everything will be ok for you.......wishing you peace during the coming weeks.
P.S. Do you have a good support group in NYC? I am thinking that I should try one out soon....

laura said...

a - i don't have your e-mail address but wanted to say thank you!!!!! for your offer, but i had already talked to catherine who has stuff on the way to me. you are so kind and generous to offer me your clothes! i am so glad we found each other out here.

i'm sorry things are sucky. i wish there was some way for this to be easier for you, but i know too well how difficult it is to find peace these days. all i can do is send you thoughts of comfort and strength and a huge wish for better days.

SWH said...

So sorry to hear that depression is coming back. I think the cyclic nature of depression is one of the things i really hate. I hate that it keeps coming back...

I hope you can find some mini-vacations or at least mental vacations to help a little. (Good restaurants, trips to a fun part of the city...)