Monday, May 15, 2006

Holiday in Vermont



We had a really restful long weekend in Vermont despite the non-stop rain. Robert (pictured above with Billings) learned to fly a Harris Hawk, and I had an excellent massage and pedicure. Mother's Day was not without its challenges, but I survived (I still haven't come up with a smooth way to answer the inevitable, "Is this your first... How many.... How old...?" I find that I am not able to lie, but also not able to come up with a one liner than won't lead to further questions--please send suggestions if you have them!). Best of all, we had our weekly echo before hitting the road and Natalie's heart looked great, so we were able to truly relax and enjoy our mini getaway together. Oh, and Robert bought me a lovely gold locket. :)

2 comments:

sillyhummingbird said...

So glad you had a restful, relaxing weekend. But more importantly--great news on Natalie's heart! That is so wonderful!

laura said...

sounds like a lovely weekend. good for you - you deserved it.

i'm finding honesty is the way to go. i'm learning to be straightforward all the time. after you do it, it's a relief. and it's hard for other people to walk away from direct honesty. maybe they're stunned into immobility. whatever - it works for me.