Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Ya ya"

Natalie is 8 months old today. My, how the time flies. She continues to be an adorably social and charming baby, and I must begrudgingly admit that she has been uttering "dada" on a regular basis. (I'm not jealous or anything, but she doesn't really know what she's saying, right?)

This morning, I was struck by what has become another favorite vocalization: "ya ya." Nearly 2 years ago, I posted about a dream I'd had about Julian. In my dream, he was around the same age Natalie is now, and he was clearly saying "ya ya." Given that I've spent next to no time around babies until now, it's interesting to me that my subconscious conjured up an image of Julian that was fairly developmentally accurate. If I let my mind wander over to the supernatural side for a moment, I can almost let myself believe that Natalie was delivering a message from her big brother.

1 comment:

delphi said...

I really wonder sometimes if our kids don't have a connection with their siblings. Sometimes, when BB is laughing and smiling, it really seems as though he is seeing someone who is making him laugh. Like his big brother is playing with him, they way he would have. Then I say it out loud and it seems so cheesy. It's where my heart goes, though...

:)