Friday, June 16, 2006

No news is good news

I feel like I haven't written a serious post in a while, is that why it seems that no one visits anymore? Could you possibly find pictures of my cats *that* boring??? (Don't answer that.)

I guess the weekly visits are starting to get a bit old, and I just want to bring Natalie home. Days like today are always so stressful, and tend to start with bouts of irritable bowel syndrome and extreme agitation until Dr. G. tells us that things look "perfect." DH and I have really been put through it with this pregnancy, and there isn't much more I can say about it, other than that I can't wait for it to be over. For the record, my last several echos have been very good, and while I feel reassured, I won't feel 100% out of the woods until the day my little girl comes home.

My OB wants to see me weekly now, too. Everything looked great from her perspective today, except for that trace amount of protein in my urine that won me my third 24-hour urine collection kit of this pregnancy (ugh!). The good news is that I've only gained 20 lbs. so far. Oh, and I think the baby dropped a few days ago, which I know doesn't really mean anything, but at least it makes me feel like she is truly coming any day now, even if any day is really over a month away.

My last visit with my psychiatrist, Dr. B., went very well. She thinks I'm doing well off the meds, was impressed with the successful way in which I truly have managed to make it through this pregnancy on my own terms (keeping a low profile, and therefore minimizing myself to unwanted attention, advice, or conversations), and best of all, without even knowing the extent of my domesticity, or my mentioning it, recommended that I get a cleaning lady. I asked her if she'd write that on an Rx pad so I could show it to DH. She just laughed, not realizing that I was completely serious!

In other news, I have been busy getting as much ready as I possibly can, so we really only have a few more necessities to pick up and things to line up, and we'll be all set. I really should book that cleaning lady, too...

4 comments:

Anam Cara said...

I know your pregnancy feels like an eternity to you, but I can't believe you only have a month until your due date! Wow. But I know just how scary the last few weeks are. Keeping a low profile is what I did too. People tend to go "overexcited" (ie. overly positive) as the due date approaches so laying low is a good idea.
By the way, I'm jealous you have only gained 20 lbs. I gained 40lbs and I'm really struggling now to get rid of the last 12-15lbs.
Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

laura said...

uh, well, no offense, but i'm so not a cat person. i am still a fellow parent-in-loss person, though, and am still checking in. hang in there.

delphi said...

Well, I think Seamus and Sylvester are distinguished gentlemen that deserve adoration. I just haven't been commenting much lately, as you know...

Clare said...

Hi. I'm still here reading away Alysse. and I also can't believe you only have one month to go either. That's not very long at all. and GO GO, get a cleaning lady asap...