Friday, December 23, 2005

I am a bird now



In loving memory of Julian Innes Fader (12/20/04 - 12/23/04)

"Still Here" - Jill Scott

I am a boisterous river
I am a mountains story
I am a quiet feeling
I am a fragrant flower
I am a moonlit evening
I am a peaceful night
I am a writers thinking
I am a wealth unfathomed
And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here
And if you don’t recognize me, I am here
I am a source of power
I am excited journey
I am the rock of patience
I am a whisper singing
I am unbridled freedom
I am the thought from thinking
I am a love unshattered
I am the great orgasm
And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here
And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here
And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here
And even if you don’t recognize me
And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here
And even if you don’t recognize me, I am, oh, I’m still here
Even if you don’t recognize me, I’m here, I’m here, I’m here

[The title of this post is taken from one of this year's most powerful albums, by Antony & The Johnsons.]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful tribute to our baby boy. I miss him so much...words just cannot explain.

Catherine said...

Peaceful thoughts for you today as you remember your sweet Julian. I'm so sorry it is this way...it should all be so different. {{{hugs}}}

Diana said...

Happy belated birthday Julian- you were a hadsome one, weren't you? The tattoo is beautiful...
I know you guys are having a quiet day today, I wish it could have been different for you.
Lots of love....

laura said...

that is a fabulous tat.

Julie said...

Beautiful. The poem AND the tat. For a very beautiful boy.

kate said...

Beautiful tattoo!! ((((((hugs))))) to you and your family...